The second QuantAlgo project workshop will be held in Amsterdam at CWI, September 18 -20, 2019. It will start Wednesday Sep 18 around 1pm (allowing participants to arrive in the morning) and will end Friday Sep 20 around 4pm (allowing participants to travel back in the evening).
The program may be found here.
Participants who arrive on Wednesday morning (or even Tuesday) might be interested in some of the talks at this CWI-Inria workshop, in particular Simon Apers’ quantum algorithms talk at 11:20 on Wednesday
CWI is a few minutes walking distance from the Amsterdam Science Park train station, which is itself 8 minutes by train from Central Station and 30 minutes from Schiphol Airport. For train times, see here.
To enter CWI, go to the main entrance (round glass revolving door) at Science Park 123. You may have to put your name on a visitor sheet at the reception. Then walk straight ahead to the back of the building to get to seminar room L016.
The conference dinner will be on Thursday evening, starting at 18:30, at Poesiat & Kater. This is a 15-minute walk from CWI, see here for a map. The dinner is on an opt-in basis (paid for by the project, of course). If you’d like to join the dinner, please let Ronald know by Wednesday 16:00, either by email (email@example.com) or in person during the first day of the workshop.
There will be a rump session on Thursday afternoon, which is meant for short (<=10 minutes) impromptu talks about recent results or open questions. You can sign up for this during the workshop.
Hotel rooms can be scarce in Amsterdam, so we recommend not waiting till the last moment to book something. Here are a few reasonable hotels (and one hostel) in various price ranges:
- Atos: Simon Martiel
- Bristol: Chris Cade, João Doriguello, Ashley Montanaro, Lana Mineh, Changpeng Shao
- Brussels: Mathieu Brandeho, Shantanav Chakraborty, Raul Garcia-Patron Sanchez, Serge Massar, Leonardo Novo, Jérémie Roland, Atul Singh Arora, Chrysoula Vlachou
- Cambridge: Richard Jozsa, Nadish de Silva, Sergii Strelchuk
- Copenhagen: Matthias Christandl, Christoph Hirche
- CWI: Joran van Apeldoorn, Simon Apers, Alex Bredariol Grilo, Jop Briët, Harry Buhrman, Arjan Cornelissen, Yfke Dulek, Serge Fehr, Koen Groenland, Jonas Helsen, Stacey Jeffery, Yinan Li, Maris Ozols, Subhasree Patro, Christian Schaffner, Makrand Sinha, Florian Speelman, Michael Walter, Freek Witteveen, Ronald de Wolf
- Paris: El Amine Cherrat, Yassine Hamoudi, Alessandro Luongo, Frédéric Magniez, Alexandre Nolin, Miklos Santha, Yixin Shen, Anupa Sunny, Daniel Szilagyi
- Riga: Andris Ambainis, Kaspars Balodis, Maksims Dimitrijevs, Jānis Iraids, Dmitry Kravchenko
- Guests: Vedran Dunjko (Leiden), Debbie Leung (Waterloo)
For any questions: email Ronald de Wolf, firstname.lastname@example.org