The final QuantAlgo project workshop will be a joint event with the kick-off workshop of the QOPT project coordinated by Alexander Belovs.
It will be held in Brussels at ULB, starting Monday May 30 around 12:30pm (allowing participants to arrive in the morning) and ending Wed June 1 around noon (allowing participants to travel back in the evening).
Coffee breaks, lunches (on May 30-31) and a conference dinner (on May 31) will be offered to the participants who have indicated their participation in the registration form.
Here is the program (click here for details)
The workshop will take place on the Solbosch campus of the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB), more precisely in salle Baugniet (S.01.326 ) of Building S, located at the following street address: 44, Avenue Jeanne, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
For public transportation, Building S is most easily accessible from stations “Jeanne” (tramways 8 and 25, bus 71) and “Cambre-Étoile” (tramways 7 and 8)
You can use the main entrance to Building S from avenue Jeanne (not from the campus which is on the other side of the building). Salle Baugniet (S.01.326) is at the street level directly one the right.
- Train: Brussels South station (“Gare du Midi” or “Zuidstation”) is well connected with direct high speed train connections to many European cities. It takes 30-40 minutes to reach the ULB Solbosch campus from Brussels South station by public transportation.
- Air: The best option is to fly to Brussels airport (code BRU), which is connected by train to Brussels South and Central stations (20-30 minutes). Another option is to fly to Brussels South Charleroi airport (code CRL), which is mostly used by charter companies, but this requires to take a shuttle bus to Brussels South station (about one hour, with less frequent connections).
The conference dinner will take place at restaurant “La Mirabelle”, located at the following address, at 12 min walking distance from the workshop venue.
454 Chaussée de Boondael, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Here are a few hotels that are relatively close to the campus (~20 minute walking distance or by public transportation), and are easily accessible by public transportation (20 to 30 minutes) from the main train stations (Brussels South or Central) and downtown Brussels:
Here are a few options if you prefer to stay in downtown Brussels, which is ~40 minutes from the campus by public transportation (note that these can be more expensive due to their location):
- Ibis Brussels off Grand-Place
- NH Brussels Carrefour de l’Europe
- Novotel Brussels off Grand Place
- Hotel Agora Bruxelles Grand Place
- Bristol: Romy Minko
- Cambridge: Mitchell Chiew, Richard Jozsa, Wilfred Salmon, Sergii Strelchuk
- CWI/UvA: Joran van Apeldoorn, Adam Burchardt, Chris Cade, Yanlin Chen, Lynn Engelberts, Dmitry Grinko, Stacey Jeffery, Nikhil Mande, Harold Nieuwboer, Maris Ozols, Galina Pass, Subhasree Patro, Ronald de Wolf, Sebastian Zur
- IRIF: Simon Apers, El Amine Cherrat, Sander Gribling, Iordanis Kerenidis, Frederic Magniez, Miklos Santha, Yixin Shen, Daniel Szabo, Daniel Szilagyi, Adrian Vladu
- LU: Andris Ambainis, Alexander Belov, Maksims Dimitrijevs, Martins Kokainis, Andris Locāns, Jevgenijs Vihrovs
- UCPH: Paula Belzig, Andreas Bluhm
- ULB: Joseph Cunningham, Michele Masini, Leonardo Novo, Ognyan Oreshkov, Jérémie Roland
- ZIB: Patrick Gelß
For any questions: email Jérémie Roland, Jeremie.Roland@ulb.be